Let’s face it, owners of small-medium size businesses are at a huge disadvantage compared with their larger counterparts. Large businesses have a management team who can rely on each other, for discussing new strategies and bounce ideas off. They’ve got a brains trust and a support team on tap 5 days per week. However, small business owners have no-one. Can you relate? This is why a consultant can be so valuable.
Public companies have a board of directors who meet regularly to discuss results and develop strategies. Easy. But who do you have? Who can you talk to? Certainly not your staff. They don’t care, and you certainly don’t want them to know too much. Your accountant is too busy and more focused on tax returns. And most likely you don’t want to take your problems home to a partner/spouse who doesn’t quite understand.
So what does that mean?
For most owners, nobody is helping with the most important of all tasks in your business.
You spend most days fighting fires and resolving dozens of urgent little problems. Complaining customers, staff not turning up to work, unplanned costs, difficult suppliers, accounts to be paid etc.
So what’s the solution?
Investing in a consultant to help you with vital business decisions can be one of the best moves you can make. That way you can ensure you’re optimising these key crucial business elements:
- Find the hidden opportunities inside your business to boost results
- Assess what’s holding the business back
- Flush out new directions within your target markets
- Re-evaluate, question and refocus your business direction constantly
- Maximise your business saleable value by putting in place good systems and procedures that gives a prospective buyer confidence to pay a higher price
- Think through a workable succession plan
- Commit to an Action Plan every week that will keep you accountable to continual improvement in the bottom line
- Enjoy the most basic benefit of all: having a team around you to bounce ideas off
Is it any wonder that smaller businesses struggle to achieve adequate results for their owners who go it alone?
I’ve had over 20 years in helping small to medium business owners to create innovative new strategies and implement small but continual improvements via a customised Action Plan.
Onboarding me as a team mate, a support platform, a strategic coach and a sounding board for new ideas will be the best decision you can make. Let’s have coffee.
By Lindsay King