“Our business has grown 5-fold since Lindsay began working with us over 6 years ago. We could not have achieved the significant increase in profitability without his help and advice. ”
Fish River Roasters
- Started monthly meetings with them approx 7 years ago.
- High potential business
- Very owner-dependent
- Owners unable to take holidays without interruptions.
- No plans or strategies for growth
- Business was somewhat profitable but not reaching its full potential.
- Several strategies discussed and implemented….
- Clear roles and responsibilities for all staff
- Re-set product pricing
- Introduced more targeted customer acquisition strategies
- Started web retail sales store
- Implemented smarter working capital financing for business growth
- Upgraded equipment and factory facilities
- A more efficient invoicing and cash collection system
- Identification of several new opportunities within the business.
- Results have been fantastic
- Revenue has quadrupled
- Substantial growth in profitability
- Substantial growth in staff numbers but all with clear roles and objectives
- Better systems and procedures in several areas of the business
- Cashflow is excellent
- Expanded production facility now in place has given a platform for significant further growth
- Documented plans completed for additional high profit services
- Owners have taken holidays overseas in last 2 years with no stress
“On our very first meeting we felt a connection with Lindsay, also felt that he knew exactly what we wanted from our relationship with him.”
Elite Automotive Repairs
- Owners very strong at technical side of the business and give great customer service
- But were barely making a living off the business
- Bumping along with no focus.
- No planning or direction.
- Started fortnightly meetings with them.
- Honed in on their key business drivers including:
- How they price their services
- Cost arrangements with key suppliers
- Labour productivity and efficiency
- Job throughout
- Customer follow-up systems
- Marketing messages
- Immediate big $ improvements in Revenue
- Substantial savings in major purchase costs
- New products introduced
- Chargeable hours now being closely monitored
- Improved customer communication and referral methods
- GP is over 20% higher than previous year
- Owners feeling positive about the future of the business
“Lindsay has added considerable value with his no-nonsense approach. He’s been able to get some discipline into our regular monitoring of results and he’s honed in on the key drivers of our business performance. We value highly our regular meetings and input from him.”
Bathurst Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Centre
- Owners were flying blind
- No regular tracking of key numbers
- No revenue targets
- Pricing unchanged for several years
- No monitoring of staff productivity
- Very little marketing planning
- Pricing of key services has been re-set upwards several times with minimal loss of patients
- Weekly targets put in place for number of patient consultants for each physio
- Tracking of productivity now taking place weekly
- Budget put in place with monitoring of all costs
- Marketing strategies discussed at every meeting
- Better systems and procedures in several areas of the business including patient follow-up
- Financial results monitored and reviewed quarterly
- Owners now more in control